Luke is an avid weekend-warrior golfer from the East Coast who plays golf more than he cares to admit.
Whether you are a professional, frequent, or casual golfer, you will want to use the best golf balls possible. Here are the best golf balls for an average golfer like you.
With dozens of premium-style balls on the market, it’s not easy to know which ones are the best to choose.
That is where Our Golf Clubs can help.
Our team has tested the best golf balls on the market, so you don’t have to. Here, we break down four of the top balls for average golfers available to buy online today. For more top tips and industry insider information, check out OurGolfClubs.
Use the links in the blog post to shop the golf balls on our list easily.
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls – Best All Rounder
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls are one of the best golf balls on the market today. They are said to be the number one ball on worldwide tours and are popular because of their state-of-the-art technology. They can be used for years to come, even as you improve, as they are suitable for average golfers and more skilled golfers too.
- 7.5 x 5.3 x 1.9 inches
- A 2.0 ZG process solid core. With the Titleist Pro V1, the core has been made softer and the outside harder, the ideal balance for hitting long distances.
- New spherically-tiled 388 tetrahedral dimples. These dimples make the shape even more aerodynamic.
- Drop-and-Stop technology. The issue with many long balls is that they do not provide the proper levels of control when it comes to the later parts of the game. But the Titleist Pro V1 has been designed to go the distance and provide greater short game accuracy.
- Urethane Elastomer cover. The Urethane is known for being a softer cover. It allows for increased control and spin, which suits slightly more advanced players.
What Makes Them Unique?
As well as its Urethane Elastomer cover, the Titleist Pro V1 comes with a high-flex casing which adds further speed and reduces the amount of spin on the ball in long games. It also enhances the flight, making your swing results constant and powerful.
This means that even if you are a high handicapper or only play casually, this ball can work for you as the casing and cover work together to balance the spin.
And considering there are about 2 million beginners every year, it’s essential to have an adaptable ball for everyone. Not many balls have this flexibility, and it is one of the reasons why the Titleist Pro V1 has become the number one ball on worldwide tours.
- Ideal for enthusiasts playing longer games. Titleist Pro V1 appeals to golfers who may only play casually but who have aspirations to play more frequently or play more complicated games.
- This is because the balls work well in both long and short games.
- Best golf balls for adaptability. It can be used by golfers interested in developing their distance hits and those interested in developing their ‘Drop-and-Stop’ short game control.
- Softer feel technology. The softer feel technology has been specially designed for distance, as the lower compression balls travel the furthest with a slower swing.
High spin. The fact that its Urethane Elastomer allows for an increased spin may initially be a drawback for a less confident golfer or a high-handicapper. However, with more practice and comfort with the ball, this will ultimately become an advantage of the equipment.
The Titleist Pro V1 is a fantastic all-rounder as its technology suits both the long and short game. The Titleist Pro V1 provides speed, and its Urethane Elastomer cover provides spin and further ball control.
So if you are looking for a ball that will enhance every part of the game, the Titleist Pro V1 could be for you.
Buy the Titleist Pro V1 online here.
TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls – Best For Speed Over Distances
One of the best golf balls available online for an average or casual golfer is the TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls.
These golf balls are all about achieving momentum and speed across long distances and are designed with unique React core technology.
- 7.48 x 5.04 x 1.97 inches
- Designed for less drag. A 342 aerodynamic dimple pattern to lessen drag so that your swing will have maximum distance response.
- React core. The TaylorMade Distance Plus has a specially designed React core, which is a critical factor behind its speed and power. This core has been created to hold and release energy and become almost spring-like against your clubface.
- Iothane cover. This sheer and durable ball cover provides the all-important soft feel, which helps it to go that extra distance.
What Makes Them Unique?
The reason OurGolfClubs deem the TaylorMade Distance Plus to be one of the best golf balls on the market is because they combine innovation and quality at a reasonable price. They are unique because they have been specially created for your tour level.
This two-piece ball is perfect for average and casual players looking for pace and distance. It has a lower compression rating of 77, which helps the ball travel further.
- Affordable. Enjoy premium balls at a price that fits your budget.
- High-speed capacity. If you are looking for that perfect combo of soft feel with distance aptitude, the TaylorMade Distance Plus could be for you.
- Plus Alignment Aid. This helps you to aim and swing in the best possible direction. This aid, combined with the other features, means that your ball flight should reach its full potential.
Less emphasis is placed on spin and the short game. This doesn’t necessarily matter for casual and average players, but if you are looking for a ball that will go long distances as you improve your game, this is something to bear in mind.
These high-quality balls can be enjoyed by golfers with a wide range of abilities, handicaps, and swing styles. However, average and casual players will get the most from the compression, core, and cover.
The TaylorMade Distance Plus appeals to golfers looking for a high-quality option that matches their skill level at a reasonable price. Combining its compression level and React core make these balls ideal for a mid-level golfer.
With over 15,000 ratings with an average of 4.5 stars, you know that you will enjoy playing with these golf balls.
Buy the TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls online here.
TaylorMade Rocketballz Speed Golf Balls – Best For Slow Swingers
The next Our Golf Clubs recommendation is the TaylorMade Rocketballz Speed Golf Balls. You expect high-quality, good value golf balls from technology-driven TaylorMade, which is precisely what you get with Rocketballz Speed. With a React core and unique outer core, these are some of the best golf balls on the market today, particularly for golfers with a slower swing.
- 7 x 5.25 x 5.25 inches
- React core. As seen on the TaylorMade Distance Plus, the React core is a state-of-the-art technology that allows the ball to go the distance, accentuating its soft feel.
- Low compression. The TaylorMade Rocketballz Speed has a low compression of 60, triggering its inner construction and benefiting non-professional players.
- Outer core. This material extends the time the ball will stay on the clubface and magnifies its overall feel.
- Iothane cover. This harder exterior with aerodynamic dimples gives the ball that extra speed boost.
What Makes Them Unique?
The TaylorMade Rocketballz golf balls appeal to average and casual golfers looking for a design that offers extra mileage.
These are unique for their combination of specially enhanced core and outer cover. The balance between the core and the Iothane cover means you get all the speed benefits of a soft feel ball with short game benefits as well.
- Ideal for a slower swing. These soft golf balls are uniquely designed to benefit the players with a slower swing while still allowing them excellent speeds and the ability to travel long distances.
- A high-quality reputation. In many respects, the ball could be a premium model – it’s able to fly long distances accurately, and it offers an upgraded feel.
- Less spin than equivalent premium balls. This benefits average golfers as spin can cause too much of a high-launch and makes it more difficult to improve at first.
- Less durability. Compared to similar options on the market, these are less durable and may not last as long as their competitors.
- Too soft for some. Some golfers with hard hits have found the ball too weak, saying it dents and scuffs easily.
So if you have been looking for a high-quality, pro, soft ball from a technology-driven company, the TaylorMade Rocketballz could be for you. The balls use state-of-the-art technology and have a low compression score, which provides an even softer feel.
The TaylorMade Rocketballz are some of the best golf balls on the market today. If they sound like a good fit for you, give them a try and discover if they’re your new favorites.
Buy the TaylorMade Rocketballz online here.
Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX Golf Balls – Best For Technology
At Our Golf Clubs, we also recommend the Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX golf balls. These are known for being one of the best golf balls on the market today.
They are made for long and short games, with state-of-the-art technology providing more control on the grass and offering distance and speed.
- 7.48 x 5.5 x 1.8 inches
- Reactiv Urethane cover. The Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX uses a technologically advanced Reactiv Urethane cover, which not only provides distance but is for players interested in gaining accuracy in the short game too.
- Dual dimples. These aerodynamic dimples help to reduce drag.
- Perfect for a casual player’s swing speed. If your swing speed is under 105 mph, the Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX has been specially designed for you. Because of this, it suits average and casual players the best.
What Makes Them Unique?
Its Reactiv Urethane cover makes this ball unique. This exclusive shock-absorbing cover means you will have more control during your short games.
However, the cover does not compromise the distance capability of the Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX, so you can also improve your spin skills and deliver a robust pace across distances.
High quality. The Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX is one of the best golf balls on the market today. They won the 2020 Golf Digest Hot List Gold and have over 1,000 reviews online with an average of 5-stars.
Exclusive cover. The cover uses state-of-the-art technology to provide you with the best possible qualities.
Greater distances. The Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX has been designed to rest on the clubface for longer, and its cover makes for stronger power and longer distances.
Best for casual players. The golf balls have been created particularly for low to mid-handicappers, which means they have a premium feel but may be harder to play with.
The complementary benefits of the Reactiv cover and the core mean that golfers benefit from a ball that will go the distance but will also provide accuracy. The short game spin capabilities that are enabled by its inner technical construction facilitate this accuracy.
So, if you are looking for an option that will help you go the extra distance but that will provide you with control in the short game, the Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX could be a great option for you. This may just be the perfect choice for working to improve your game.
Buy the Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX balls online here.
These are some of the best golf balls on the market today. With a focus on speed, distance, and accuracy, you can’t go wrong with the TaylorMade Rocketballz, the Titleist Pro V1, the TaylorMade Distance Plus, and the Bridgestone 2020 Tour B RX.
Although each design has its unique qualities, as an average golfer, all four of our recommendations will help you to reach that extra distance, give you control in the short game, and provide speed.
All four balls use state-of-the-art technology to their advantage, with aerodynamic dimples, specialized cores, and outer covers.
For more tips and advice on the best golf balls and other golf products, check out Our Golf Clubs.