If you’re looking for the “best golf courses near me” in Alaska, then look no further. The crew here at Our Golf Clubs took care of the extensive research and found all of the courses worth playing 9 or 18 holes on in 2021.
Moreover, we conducted this research personally in the following way:
- Googled ‘best golf courses’ in each state
- Took the top 10 golf courses in each state with a minimum overall rating of 4 stars or higher
- Dove into each of their websites to really see how unique and worthwhile these golf courses are after all
So buckle up and let’s dive in. If you find that your favorite golf course isn’t listed for some reason on our extensive list of best golf courses – please, feel free to reach out to us directly and we’ll see what was missed!
Best Golf Courses in Alaska Are
- Settlers Bay Golf Course
- Anchorage Golf Course
- Moose Run. Golf Course
- North Star Golf Club
- Palmer Golf Course
- Kenai Golf Course
- Black Diamond Golf Course
- Birch Ridge Golf Course
- Russian Jack Springs Golf Course
Settlers Bay Golf Course
- Settlers Bay Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.6/5.0.
- Located in the heart of the breathtaking and historic Matanuska-Susitna Valley and home to its only residential golf development, Fairway Estates. The golf course embraces the natural beauty of the area, from a variety of wooded areas and wetlands, to spectacular views of snow capped mountains flanked by Cook Inlet.
- Blending into the area our timber framed clubhouse host the Albatross Restaurant where “Artisanal Food is Complemented with Local Brews, Spirits, and Great Views”
- Address: 7307 S Frontier Dr, Wasilla, AK 99623
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 71 | YARDAGE: 6,450
Anchorage Golf Course
- Anchorage Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.6/5.0.
- Located on the hillside overlooking the city of Anchorage, the course offers views of three separate mountain ranges. Visitors have a chance to see some of Alaska’s booming wildlife population, including moose, fox, waterfowl, and even the occasional bear.
- The beauty of the course and its surroundings are second to none, and during summer months play can range from as early as 5am to after midnight.
- Address: 3651 O’Malley Rd, Anchorage, AK 99507
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 72 | YARDAGE: 6,666
Moose Run Golf Course [Creek Course]
- Moose Run Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.2/5.0.
- The course was designed by Robin Nelson who is known for his ability to build golf courses that are sensitive to their sites, preserve the character of land and make the game of golf fun, challenging and enjoyable.
- Address: 27000 Arctic Valley Rd, Anchorage, AK 99505
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 71 | YARDAGE: 7,324
Chena Bend Clubhouse and Golf Course
- The Chena Bend Clubhouse and Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.5/5.0
- Chena Bend Clubhouse and Golf Course is home to the farthest north military golf course. It is nestled along the banks of the Chena River, with several holes at the edge of the water.
- Address: 2090 Montgomery Rd, Fort Wainwright, AK 99703
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 72 | YARDAGE: 6,476
Palmer Golf Course
- The Palmer Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.2/5.0.
- Palmer Golf Course is one of the most scenic places to play golf in the world. Located just 40 minutes from Anchorage in the heart of the Mat-Su Valley visitors are treated to spectacular views of Pioneer Peak, the Matanuska River and Knik Glacier.
- Palmer Golf Course has a full fleet of power carts, but walking is always welcome. We also have one of the finest practice facilities in the state with an all grass driving range and two practice greens.
- Address: 1000 Lepak Ave, Palmer, AK 99645
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 72 | YARDAGE: 7,300
Kenai Golf Course
- The Kenai Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.2/5.0.
- Chances are you’ll catch a glimpse of several caribou, a sandhill crane family, a mama moose with twins, or a pair of bald eagles while playing a round of golf.
- Address: 1420 Lawton Dr, Kenai, AK 99611
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 73| YARDAGE: Unknown
Black Diamond Golf Course
- The Black Diamond Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.3/5.0
- The course rating is 67.0 and it has a slope rating of 112. Designed by Frank Talerico, the Black Diamond golf course opened in 1995. Marilyn Usibelli manages the course as the Owner/Manager.
- Address: mile 1.2 Otto Lake Rd, Healy, AK 99743
- HOLES: 09 | PAR: 34| YARDAGE: 2,732
Birch Ridge Golf Course
- Birch Ridge Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.6/5.0
- If you’re visiting Soldotna, Alaska to test your game on a uniquely challenging golf course or just looking to hook into a King Salmon, Birch Ridge Golf Course can make your Alaskan experience a great one! We have a number of lodging options that will leave you within minutes of the world renowned Kenai River.
- Address: 142223 Sterling Hwy, Soldotna, AK 99669
- HOLES: 18 | PAR: 70| YARDAGE: 4,845
Russian Jack Springs Golf Course
- The Russian Jack Springs Golf Course is currently Rated: 4.4/5.0
- The 9-hole “Russian Jack Springs” course at the Russian Jack Springs Golf Course facility in Anchorage, Alaska features 1,977 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 31. Russian Jack Springs golf course opened in 1979. Denali Kamahele manages the course as the General Manager.
- Address: 600 Lidia Selkregg Ln, Anchorage, AK 99504
- HOLES: 09 | PAR: 31| YARDAGE: 1,977
In the game of golf, the type of club you select is everything. Some golf clubs are more beginner-friendly than others, which can make easing into the game simpler. You may just score a birdie or...
A Stress-Free Golf Swing can feel incredibly impossible to achieve. Almost everyone on staff here at Our Golf Clubs can relate - trust us.There’s usually a time which comes to all golfers, from the...