We’re going to cover:
- Where is The Farmers Insurance Open?
- What is the payout for TheFarmers Insurance Open?
- Who is playing in Farmers Insurance Open 2022?
- What is the History of The Farmers Insurance Open?
- How difficult is the Farmers Insurance Open?
- What is there to do around the Farmers Insurance Open?
- What is the Cost of Admission & Tickets?
Let’s get started!
Where is Farmers Insurance Open?
Farmers Insurance Open is held in Torrey Pines (South), San Diego, CA.
It’s approximately 2 hours South of Los Angeles, 1 hour North of I-5, and 20 minutes from downtown San Diego.
You’re going to want to stay in Downtown San Diego if you’re attending Farmers Insurance Open 2022.
If you’re coming for just a few days, stick near the Convention Center because it’s centrally located!
What is the payout for Farmers Insurance Open?
The total purse for this event is $6,200,000 as of 2019. The winner takes home an impressive $1.188 million purse! Learn more on Golf Channel.
Who is playing in Farmers Insurance Open 2022?
In 2019, the Players Champion (Gary Woodland) took home $1.188 million purse!
The Farmers Insurance Open is played every year in Torrey Pines, San Diego, California.
What is the History of The Farmers Insurance Open?
The Farmers Insurance Open started in 1922 and has been played in San Diego for the last 90 years!
It is one of the most historic events on tour with 579 PGA TOUR Champions and 28 major championship winners.
It is known as one of four “Majors” on the PGA Tour (the Farmer Insurance Open, Arnold Palmer Invitational, Honda Classic, and The Players Championship).
It’s been a part of the Presidents Cup for the past six years. Presidents Cup refers to it as “USA vs. World”
In 2013, Tiger Woods, Phil Michelson, & KJ Choi were seated in first place after Day 1; then Danny Lee led following Day 2; Dustin Johnson was alone on top after Day 3.
In 2014, Jason Day held a 5-shot lead early in the final round but ended up losing to Bubba Watson by 2 shots!
Who is playing in Farmers Insurance Open 2022?
Charley Hoffman is leading this year’s tournament with 6-under par; his score of 66 is also the lowest round of the day.
Some of the most noteworthy players in Farmers Insurance Open 2022 include: Charley Hoffman , Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson , and Tiger Woods .
Who designed the Farmers Insurance Golf Course?
The Farmers Insurance Open is played at the Torrey Pines Golf Course , which was designed by William F. Bell.
William F. Bell also created courses such as Riviera Country Club, Sawgrass TPC, & May River Golf Club .
How difficult is the Farmers Insurance Open?
We’ve got to give it a solid 8 out of 10 difficulty rating because of how long holes are and the water hazards. The hardest holes to play are 1, 9, 10, & 18.
Is the Farmers Insurance Open Golf Course Beginner Friendly?
We’d rate the Torrey Pines Golf Course Beginner Friendly at a 1 out of 10 difficulty.
Surrounding Golf Courses in San Diego:
Whisper Rock is located just West of the Farmers Insurance Open. It’s a public golf course that works well for beginners with shorter courses and less water hazards!
Where to Stay Nearby Farmers Insurance Open?
We’d recommend staying in Downtown San Diego near all the activities. If you want to play 36 holes, book Tee Times in Mountains Edge and make it a weekend trip out of San Diego!
What is the Cost of Admission & Tickets Farmers Insurance Open
The cost of admission for this event is around $55 as of 2019. As you can imagine, this price increases as the tournament approaches.
What is there to do around Farmers Insurance Open?
Since this tournament is held in San Diego, you’ve gotta enjoy some good ol’ Southern California weather & activities ! And don’t forget about the nearby ocean!
Top 9 things to do in San Diego:
- Aquarium : San Diego is home to one of the world’s largest aquariums.
- Zoo: Zoological Wildlife Park and Gardens!
- Beaches: Swim, surf, or just watch the sunset. The beaches in San Diego are absolutely gorgeous !
- Downtown: Shopping, dining, & nightlife can be found downtown.
- Farmers Market : Take a day to visit the popular farmers market held every Saturday & Sunday! We love eating all of the fresh produce and treats available. You can also pick up a new plant, flowers, or even a new fruit tree for your yard at the Farmers Market !
- Gaslamp District: There’s always something to do in Gaslamp District. Check out their website for upcoming events and activities .
- Old Town: A historic district with Mexican culture and architecture!
- Temecula: If you’re looking for a fun day trip, we recommend visiting Temecula and the surrounding wineries. It has some of the best California wine.
- Whale Watching: Experience the beauty of whales in their natural habitat on a whale watching tour!
And of course – the Farmers Insurance Open!