Luke is an avid weekend-warrior golfer from the East Coast who plays golf more than he cares to admit.
This NEW OurGolfClubs guide will explain golf stretches for seniors to Achieve Full Flexibility, Boost Core Body Strength And Relieve Lower Back, Hips & Upper Body Pain. Let’s get started.
A word on exercises for seniors
Golf exercises are important to incorporate into your training during pre-season before even stepping right foot or left foot on the golf course. This is true for young golfers and even more so for senior golf goers in order to prevent injury while swinging the golf club and throughout the golf swing sequence.
For seniors, golf exercises are especially important to prevent injury and improve swing performance. The following are some recommended exercises to try:
1. Standing Hamstring Curl:
This exercise strengthens the hamstrings, which are key muscles for swinging the club. To do this exercise, stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a weight (or medicine ball) in your left hand. Bend your left knee, curling the weight up towards your glutes. Keep your core engaged and repeat 10-15 times before switching sides.
2. Trunk Rotation:
This exercise helps improve rotational power and flexibility in the torso, which is important for a smooth golf swing. To do this exercise, stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a weight (or medicine ball) in your left hand. Keeping your core engaged, twist your torso to the right, then back to the center. Repeat 10-15 times before switching sides.
3. Seated Row:
This exercise strengthens the upper back and shoulders, which are key muscles for maintaining good posture throughout the golf swing. To do this exercise, sit on the edge of a bench or chair with your feet flat on the ground. Hold a weight (or medicine ball) in each hand with your palms facing each other. Row the weights up towards your chest, then slowly lower them back down. Repeat 10-15 times.
Golf Stretches For Seniors To Increase Flexibility
The flexibility of your body is extremely important when it comes to playing golf. If you are flexible, you will have better balance and coordination.
You’ll also be able to swing the club more aptly. Here are some great stretches that can help with increasing flexibility for seniors who play golf:
● Front and Side Bends – This stretch helps to improve your flexibility and posture. Stand straight and tall and slowly bend your knees to the left. Hold for 30 seconds before repeating on the other side.
● Knee Rolls – Roll down your spine one vertebrae at a time by rolling each knee over towards the floor.
● Toe Touches – Reach up towards the sky while standing straight, keep reaching until you can touch your toes. Make sure to reach equally on both sides.
● Downward Dog – One of the most common yoga stretches, this one stretches out your back and legs. Start on all fours, rounding your back towards the ceiling before pushing yourself away from the floor. As you do this, try to lengthen each leg by stretching them behind you into a downward dog position. This can be done throughout the day during breaks at work or even while standing in line at the supermarket!
Improve Core Body Strength And Fitness For Seniors
There are many exercises that will help senior golfers increase their core body strength and fitness. Here are some examples:
● Crunches – A good, simple exercise that can be done anywhere to strengthen and tone your abs and core muscles.
● Bicycles – This is an aerobic exercise that stretches and strengthens your abdominals. Lie flat on your back with the knees bent and the hands placed behind the head for support. Lift both feet off of the ground while turning slightly to one side so that it feels like you’re pedaling a bike. Keep alternating sides as you pedal yourself through this imaginary course!
You should also add aerobic exercises such as walking or jogging into your regular routine because cardio has been shown to help golfers perform better during their games since they have more endurance than when they are less fit.
Consistent Time Spent On Golf Stretches Can Relieve Pain
There are several easy stretches that golfers can do to aid in relieving pain and discomfort from the hips, back and shoulders. Those who spend a lot of their time sitting down at work or driving for long periods of time will especially benefit from these routines:
● Neck Rolls – This is a great stretch for your neck muscles. Slowly roll your head around in a circular motion going clockwise for 30 seconds before reversing the direction. Repeat this exercise five times when you’re finished.
● Forward Stretch – You can alleviate tension in your chest if you open up your arms wide enough while leaning forward. Reach your arms to one side and then behind you so that they are as far back as possible before slowly bending forward until you feel the stretch in your chest muscles.
● Lateral Stretch – This is another great stretch for your chest muscles. Raise your hands above your head with the palms facing down. Bend your elbows slightly and then move them out to the sides like wings, hold this position for 30 seconds before bringing them back in front of you again.
What stretching program do we recommend for senior golfers?
If you haven’t heard of Hyperbolic Stretching for Men yet (click the green button above!) then you’re in for a treat. Here’s what you can expect from this awesome flexibility program:
● Pain relief – Hyperbolic Stretching for Men is designed to help you relieve stress and pain from your back, joints and muscles so that you can enjoy a much better quality of life.
● Balanced strength – By achieving ultimate flexibility, playing sports will become much easier. Hyperbolic Stretching for Men gives you all the tools you need to truly be able to take care of yourself!
● A whole new you – This revolutionary stretching system doesn’t just stop with greater flexibility; it will also improve your posture as well as give you increased muscle definition. You’ll begin looking younger and feeling healthier than ever before!
● All-natural approach – Unlike those other complicated stretching programs out there, this one utilizes pure science to help you acheive the kind of results that are just not possible with conventional stretching.
Do Senior golfers need flexibility?
Most average people don’t know the true value of what flexibility can do for them. Flexibility is not only important when it comes to sports; it’s also good for your health too!
Every day we get older, our muscles become stiffer and less pliable. This will cause you to lose out on many things in life like enjoying playing sports or even taking part in simple activities such as reaching above your head or touching your toes without having to bend over.
Tight muscles are also one of the leading causes of back pain so you’re constantly fighting a losing battle by neglecting this very important activity.
Reasons Why Senior Golfers Need Flexibility in their Lives:
- Feel relaxed and loose, yet stable and strong in your hips, legs and back, so you can maintain positive mindset all day long.
- Save time working out at home instead of traveling to exercise in gyms, dojos, yoga studios, so you can just enjoy doing what you love.
- Increase strength and flexibility of your back, legs and hips, so you can work in your garden or at home with ease.
- Increase range of motion the safe way, so you can easily pick up and play any game or sport with your children or grand kids.
- Sleep comfortably and deeply at night without distractions that make you tired the next day and disrupt your established routine.
- Lift heavier objects with less risk of injury, knowing you’ve become powerful and flexible enough to safely complete task at hand.
- Pave your way to a better, lasting condition and confidence using the right method of stretching and see improvements in almost every session!
- Naturally stand taller while sitting and walking…with your body in the right configuration that saves and conserves your daily energy.
- Regain feel good energy from simple 8-minute per day stretching sessions. Everything comes in a simple, easy to follow done-for-you format!
How can seniors improve flexibility?
There are many benefits to increasing your flexibility including less pain, better sports performance, improved posture and even looking younger!
With Hyperbolic Stretching for Men you’ll be on the fast track to increasing your overall flexibility so that you can truly enjoy life to the fullest extent possible.
When you first begin this program it may seem difficult but as time goes by these stretches will become easier for you to do until one day, increased flexibility will just be a normal part of how you go about living your everyday life.
The sad truth is that most people don’t take advantage of their full range of motion which is why they’re constantly hurting themselves golfing without even knowing it!
By performing simple activities such as reaching above your head or touching your toes without having to bend over you can greatly limit your potential as a golfer and athlete.
If you take the time to invest in yourself through Hyperbolic Stretching for Men then not only will you gain all those other benefits but you’ll also become a much more limber golfer as well!
Is Hyperbolic Stretching Good For Golfers?
Yes for many reasons which include an affordable price point and science backed flexibility.
PRO: Advanced, Science Based Flexibility Protocol Built On Natural Muscle Reflex!
Your muscles are already flexible enough and can be stretched up to 130% of their resting length. For splits, you only need 108%.
So why can’t you do full splits now? Because you need to overcome the so-called “muscle survival reflex” that contracts your muscles every time they are stretched beyond usual range of motion. Gain control over that reflex and trigger sudden muscle relaxation, anytime, anywhere!
PRO: Carefully Selected Stretches Made For Beginners And Athletes Of Any Age!
Unlike other stretching programs, this scientific stretching system uses simple, anatomically correct and smart stretching positions that are laser focused on maximizing full flexibility potential in shortest time possible while boosting strength and relieving muscular tension.
All stretches are safe for beginners and advanced athletes alike. Turn your muscles into elastic steel pipes in just 8 minutes per day!
PRO: See Results or Your Money Back, Used By Over 300,000 People!
The 30 Day Hyperbolic Stretching Program is known as the world’s leading stretching and flexibility method, with 10,000s of members all around the world getting amazing results!
Possible CON: Short, Focused Routines Designed For Fast Results & Hip Opening!
These are not long, boring exercise routines. They’re not even needed, since it’s already been proven that short, intense training routines are way more effective than long routines done in moderate intensity.
Learn how to maximize results using short stretching sessions done either as standalone sets, or after your main workout.
You’ll know exactly which stretch to do, how often, when, how many sets including duration & frequency.