Luke is an avid weekend-warrior golfer from the East Coast who plays golf more than he cares to admit.
Don’t know what’s the best driver for a beginner golfer? No problem, this post will explain it all. The best drivers that were voted at the top for beginner golfers are the following:
- Cobra Radspeed Driver
- Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver
- Tour Edge Hot Launch Driver
Selecting the best drivers for beginners comes down a few key fundamentals. We’re assuming here that all skill levels are starting at starter or zero.
Here’s what you need to know about selecting drivers for beginner golfers:
First, drivers are best suited for newer golfers when there are no other factors involved. The best drivers will have the best forgiveness because beginners should be concentrating on their swings to improve swing technique and consistency.
If your beginner is a young golfer, you may want to start with a low-lofted clubhead. Lower lofted clubs tend to fly straighter at steeper angles which make it easier for someone starting out in comparison to higher lofts which can curve severely due to improper swing technique.
Distance is not the goal with beginner golfers – yet
There’s also the concept of ‘distance.’ We’ll explain this quickly here before we go any further: don’t let your beginner get caught up in finding distance with his driver as the best way to increase driving distance is through swing improvement.
However, there are some best beginner golf drivers on the market that will improve swing mechanics while also providing distance.
If your best golfer is middled aged or older, you’ll want to select a best driver for them that would best fit their needs in terms of trajectory and loft. There’s many best drivers for different skill levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced which you can read more about here .
Finally, if your beginner golfer has any past injuries to their arms or wrists from sports related injuries such as baseball/softball, hockey, etc., these types of best beginner golf drivers will be best for them to prevent future injury.
With all this being said, it ultimately comes down to personal preference regarding the best best drivers for beginners. It’s best to go down to your local pro shop and experiment with the best drivers they have available on the market today.
What should you be looking for when buying a new driver?
Besides best beginner golf drivers, there are a few key things you’ll want to consider when purchasing the best driver for your golfer. We have our list of best drivers which can be found here .
Some of these considerations include:
- The loft of best driver (higher lofts will result in more backspin)
- Length of best driver (generally higher length with lower lofts and vice versa)
- Grip size of best driver (larger grips provide more control; smaller grips provide better feel/touch)
- Head material best drivers (aluminum or carbon is most common; titanium heads are also available but not quite as popular)
- Face material best drivers (some companies make their best drivers out of stainless steel instead, although they don’t provide as much distance and tend to be more expensive)
- Offset best drivers (offset best drivers help correct common golfers’ slice or hook; best for beginners who may struggle with getting the ball in the air consistently)
- Grip size of best driver (larger grips provide more control; smaller grips provide better feel/touch).
- Head material best drivers (aluminum or carbon is most common; titanium heads are also available but not quite as popular).
- Face material best drivers (some companies make their best drivers out of stainless steel instead, although they don’t provide as much distance and tend to be more expensive).
- Offset best drivers (offset best drivers help correct common golfers’ slice or hook; best for beginners who may struggle with getting the ball in the air consistently).
- In all, best drivers make for a great gift for best golfers because it makes them drive further and more accurately.
Finding the best driver for your beginner golfers
In a basic sense, this can be done by reading best reviews of best drivers or visiting best websites for best drivers.
But don’t worry! We have put together a list of some great beginner best best golf clubs that will help you out with finding the next best driver to add into your bag.
Cobra Radspeed Driver
The Cobra Radspeed Driver has Radial Weighting Technology-Radial Weighting is the strategic placement of weight relative to the CG to optimize speed, forgiveness, and flight direction from the fairway or off the tee.
This best driving model uses an ultra-light alloy and a high strength steel face to optimize the speed and forgiveness of best beginner drivers. Low spin and high speed off the tee box helps keep your best golfer’s drives straight while also achieving maximum trajectory height for long distance.
The Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver
Big Bertha B21 Driver is made with aerodynamics that help channel air flow more efficiently across the best driver’s club head to achieve lower spin rates on best drivers which increases ball speeds, decreases side spins, increases launch angle for added carry distance, creates less curvature on best best golfers’ shots for straighter shots, and reduces turf interference on best best golfers’ shots from the tee.
This is one of Callaway’s latest models best best golf drivers and is designed with an OptiFit hosel design which makes best best golfers’ clubs adjustable between 8 different lofts and 3 different lies to best fit best best golfer’s unique swing characteristics.
Tour Edge Hot Launch Driver
The Tour Edge Hot Launch Driver has a lightweight high-strength head which helps increase the speed of best best golfers’ drives while adding greater distance.
The face angle is open at address, yet closes in the hitting area in order to help deliver straighter shots by also producing more forward spin that prevents slices and hooks during best drive practice, resulting in longer carry distances on best drivers.
It also uses a special multi-thickness body construction to maximize the overall weight distribution for increased energy transfer and higher best best golfer’s ball speeds for added distance.